Trinity Cheltenham (previously Holy Trinity, Cheltenham) is an evangelical, charismatic Anglican church in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire. As well as being part of the Church of England, it is a contributor to the New Wine network. The Church has around 800 members.
Structure & Vision
We’re a vibrant, Anglican church situated at the heart of Cheltenham town centre, with a passion and a vision to make committed followers of Jesus, who change communities and nations for Him.
We’re a community of people who are committed to following Jesus with our whole lives, committed to loving and serving each other and the wider community around us.
Our Vision is to be a church who are all in on three things:
- All in with God - Trinity has in past seasons been blessed to spread wide in mission as a result of a spiritual hunger for the presence and the transforming power of God to be at work in people’s lives.
- All in with each other - We believe God wants to give us fresh vision for our community life as the body of Christ.
- All in for the world - We are seeking the release of God’s prophetic and transforming gifts into every part of our Church family to bringing transformation in public, civic, business and community life.
The youth ministry is led by the Senior Youth Pastor who is line managed by a member of the Senior Leadership Team. The Senior Youth Pastor together with a team of volunteers seek to serve and minister God's presence to the young people of Cheltenham.
Known as the ‘Western Gateway’ to England’s stunning Cotswolds, Cheltenham is one of Britain’s most handsome Regency spa towns. Complete with historic buildings, fine parks, shops and open spaces that host beautiful walks along the Cotswold Way, visitors gather from all around the world to visit one of England’s most elegant destinations. Cheltenham was selected by The Sunday Times newspaper (March 2014) as one of the best places to live in Britain.
Just a short walk from Trinity Cheltenham lies the heart of Cheltenham town – Montpellier Gardens. The picturesque gardens are home to the Cotswolds’ most talked about festivals including jazz, literature, food/drink, design, science, music and performing arts. The Cheltenham Festival also stands as the pinnacle of Horse Racing, the main hurdle’s event being the Festival Gold Cup which takes place in March of each year. Many restaurants, cafes, galleries, high street shops as well as local boutique brands line the streets of Cheltenham town centre, most of which neighbour one of the most popular venues in Cheltenham, the Everyman Theatre. The Victorian building, with its innately ornate auditorium, hosts musical events and productions from all around the world, including spectacular touring productions from London’s West end.
Surrounded by gloriously green countryside, Cheltenham lies at the foot of the highest point in the Cotswolds, Cleeve Hill. There, lies a spectacular viewing point over Gloucestershire where you can see notable landmarks such as the Malvern Hills, historic churches, Cheltenham Racecourse and the home of the British Government Communication Headquarters (GCHQ), making it the perfect picnic spot or stop off point.
Our youth ministry consists of two age groups, Younger Youth (11-14s) and Older Youth (15-18s).
Across both groups, we are committed to helping young people discover faith in Jesus so that they follow him into changing their society for Him; making revolutionaries from rascals, contributors from consumers and disciples from deciders.
- We meet young people where they’re at taking steps to move toward where young people are.
- We work in and through the local church cherishing it through all its successes and mistakes.
- We take the long view addressing the needs of the present without compromising the ability of the future.
- We equip others with tools necessary for change searching for the right tool for change.
- We holistically care for the the young person ensuring that when an issue presents itself we treat the cause as well as dealing with the symptom.
In order to fulfil our mission, we currently run small groups, youth services, mentoring, schools work, mission projects as well as termly social events. Additional to this, we value our young people serving the wider church family.