Support the Youth and Children’s Ministry Lead with the discipleship of children and young people (0-18) in St. Mary’s and the community. Playing a significant part across the youth ministry.
- Be a disciple maker: support the church to be welcoming for children and young people and enabling them to grow as Christians who share the Gospel and make disciples.
- Support existing youth and children’s work for it to grow to its full potential.
- Engage and relate to children, young people and their families missionally and pastorally.
- To support, encourage and enthuse volunteers within the youth and children’s ministry.
- To work collaboratively and respectfully with all members of the church.
- To get involved with opportunities in the wider community e.g. within Stoke Bishop CofE Primary School.
- To assist in the co-ordination of annual activities, including the church weekend away and Easter holiday club.
This appointment will be subject to obtaining a successful check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
This job description is not exhaustive and will be reviewed, in consultation with the post holder, from time to time and amended in light of the changing needs of the church.
- A committed Christian, willing to become part of the of St. Mary’s Stoke Bishop community. There is a genuine occupational requirement that the post holder is a practising Christian.
- Passionate about youth and children.
- Able to build strong relationships.
- Be self-motivated.
- To look for opportunities to learn and grow.
- An open heart and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- To have an understanding of safeguarding and child protection policies and ensure that they are being followed.
Ready to Apply?
If you would like to explore joining SWYM then please fill in an application form, and one of our team will be in touch to discuss the next steps.