Summary; Leading alongside the Youth Minister to inspire, encourage and equip 11-18s associated with St Michael’s to become life-long disciples of Jesus;
- Leading and co-ordinate our two midweek outreach groups (Teen Central & Club) with support from the Youth Minister and Discipleship team leader
- Using your gifts to continue to serve our local secondary & primary schools by running a mentoring scheme for both groups and individuals with support of the Youth Minister.
- Support the Youth Minister in delivering extra school ministry activities such as lunch clubs, RS lessons & any other outreach opportunities the school may ask of us.
- To support the delivery an annual youth retreat for 11-18s.
- To oversee and lead the outreach teams to develop skills of volunteers with the support of the Youth Minister.
- Be part of the mentoring team to support teenagers in their faith and help them grow in a 121 setting.
- Be part of the team running Youth Alpha & Post Alpha in the local schools.
- To work closely with the Youth Minister & discipleship team leader, supporting their initiatives when appropriate (in particular our midweek youth life groups & Sunday morning groups).
- To support the Youth Minister in providing a growing youth work provision on the Cheswick estate.
- Become a fully engaged member of St Michael’s church, participating in Sunday worship and if possible join a life group for support and growth.
- Work alongside the church staff team and others, to fulfil our vision of “living to make a difference" and the outworking of the church’s strategy of “discipleship, outreach and serving the community.”
- Meet for regular prayer and worship with staff team and for weekly staff meetings.
- Adhere to and enforce St Michael’s safeguarding policy throughout all our work with young people.
- Network with other youth ministries across the area e.g “The Mix” in Bristol and Bristol Youthwork Forum.
- Get involved in serving ‘behind the scenes’ for various church activities.
Training programme of 32 hours over 6 days (16hrs paid/16hrs study)
To include personal study time (16hrs), paid preparation & face to face ministry time (16hrs), you would also have the opportunity and space within the week to take more time to prep and serve along side those who attend the church should you want room to do so.
Candidates will need to have:
- An active and growing faith in Jesus Christ
- A character of integrity, worthy of being a Christian role-model to others
- A teachable mindset, open to challenge and change
- A positive attitude to work, ministry and people
If the Candidate also has:
- Good communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Eager to learn new skills
That would be great too!
Monday and Tuesday would be your days for Cluster, Study and personal prep time.
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Sunday would be based in the Youth Office prepping & running youth clubs & bible studies as well as attended meetings and being part of the church life
Saturday is your day off to use as you please. If there is anything that you are needed for on a Saturday during the year, such as The Noise, you will be asked to take another day off during that week or the week after.
Please see draft time table below for more details
Ready to Apply?
If you would like to explore joining SWYM then please fill in an application form, and one of our team will be in touch to discuss the next steps.