Following the success of a launched youth work project in our circuit, we are looking for somebody to be involved with children's, family and youth work in Dorset, representing four Methodist Churches.
The placement involves working alongside local churches in small towns/villages coming alongside existing children's and families activities, but to launch new initiatives to help such people hear the good news of Jesus Christ.
The chosen trainee will be working alongside a number of church volunteers, our minister Nigel Deller and youth worker Dan Desmond.
- Somebody who is passionate about sharing the good news of Jesus Christ with a variety of ages.
- A team player, who can work a variety of different people with differing gifts and personalities.
- Somebody teachable, willing to learn as they work in the placement.
- Somebody with creative ideas to start new groups and initiatives in the churches.
- The applicant must have a full drivers license and be eligible to drive in the UK.
Monday: SWYM Cluster, Study
Tuesday: Lunch Club, Planning/Messy Church, Youth Clubs
Thursday: Little Angels, Lunch Club, Planning
Friday: Scamps, Lunch Club, Planning
Saturday: Day Off
Sunday: Church, Messy Church (once a quarter)
Ready to Apply?
If you would like to explore joining SWYM then please fill in an application form, and one of our team will be in touch to discuss the next steps.