We are a creative team exploring mission through worship, music, media, dance etc. running creative academies, creative clubs, events, gigs, trips and more.
Developing resources for the local church, equipping others with creative arts skills, worshippers and more.
We are looking for people with creative and media skills who have a passion to serve and are prepared to be a part of an artistic environment, exploring worship, writing and recording music, filming videos and designing resources. Also having a passion for mission and sharing the gospel with young people through working with youth groups, creative clubs and doing outreach.
This is an amazing opportunity to be personally transformed while serving young people and growing in leadership. Come and join us here in Yeovil as a part of YCC (Yeovil Community Church), a vibrant expanding church with a passion to resource others. You will have a specific focus of media working however, being a part of a larger team, you will also be involved in serving in our large outreach children’s and youth events and schools work.
If you are a worshipper, creative and have a passion for growing your media skills and seeing young people grow in theirs, we would love you to come and join us here in Yeovil as part of a vibrant expanding church with a passion to resource others.
Our vision is:
C - Centre of excellence for creative arts
R - Resource the church
E - Engage with our local community
A - Actively involved in justice
T - Training and releasing
E - Exploring God's heart for worship
• Create content and be involved in managing social media profiles and posts for YCC, YCC youth and create.
• Produce flyers, posters and marketing material for print, web and digital signage
• Make videos for youth groups
• Produce resources to aid worship at YCC and the wider church
• Work with young people in schools as part of media projects (building self-esteem, mental health and behavioural development)
• Work alongside creative lead to help communicate YCC’s vision and values
• Update and develop website
• Youth groups at YCC
Further developing skills in:
• Video production
• Creating resources
• Leadership development
• Schools work
• Detached working
• Working with evangelistic groups
• Friday night Youth groups, from ages 4 - 14.
• Discipleship groups
• Children’s work
• Overseas trips
• Organising and Leading events, trips and Camps
• Being involved in youth work at New Wine summer festivals
The candidate must:
• Be a committed Christian.
• Have a heart for young people, to see them reach their full potential and become the person that God has made them to be.
• Have good communication skills, with both the children, young people and their families.
• Have a desire to grow and be transformed
• Have a willingness to serve, get stuck in and give your all
• Use their initiative
• Be self-motivated and work well in a team
• A good team player
• Have some children’s / youth work experience
• Manage time well and be organised.
• Creative skills which could include Music, Media, Dance etc.
Monday: Cluster, Study
Tuesday: Media, School work, Academies
Wednesday: School work, Academies, Drop-ins
Thursday: Media , School Work, Academies / Mentoring, Worship
Friday: Youth Group Set up, Youth Groups
Saturday: Day Off/One-off Events
Sunday: Church, Youth Group
Ready to Apply?
If you would like to explore joining SWYM then please fill in an application form, and one of our team will be in touch to discuss the next steps.