We are a creative team exploring mission through worship, music, media, dance etc. running creative academies, creative clubs, events, gigs, trips and more.
We are looking for people with a passion for youth work who have a desire to serve and are prepared to be a part of a creative environment through exploring worship, writing and recording music, filming videos and designing resources. Also having a passion for mission and sharing the gospel with young people through working with youth groups, creative clubs and doing outreach.
This is an amazing opportunity to be personally transformed while serving young people and growing in leadership. Come and join us here in Yeovil as a part of a vibrant expanding church with a passion to resource others. You will have a specific focus of youth work however, being a part of a larger team, you will also be involved in serving in our large outreach children’s events and creative projects.
As a trainee youth worker, you would be involved in some of the following areas:
Schools work – delivering specific programmes to the secondary schools;
Drop-in clubs, for 11-16 year old's.
Working with smaller groups of students and running Christian Unions.
Working with large vibrant evangelistic youth groups
Detached work – chatting and hanging out with young people; doing a variety of activities with them.
Taking the initiative in further developing the work in:
Being involved in youth work at New Wine summer festivals
The candidate must:
• Be a Christian.
• Have a heart to serve.
• Have a heart for young people, to see them reach their full potential and become the person that God has made them to be.
• Have good communication skills, with both the young people and their parents.
• Be self-motivated and a good team player.
• Have some Youth work experience.
• Manage their time well and be organised.
• Applicant to have experience of working with children and young people.
• Be enthusiastic, creative and hardworking.
• Have creative gifting in music, art, dance, web design, media and sound technology.
Monday: Cluster, Study
Tuesday: Office, School work, Academies
Wednesday: School work, Academies, Drop-ins
Thursday: Office, School Work, Academies / Mentoring, Worship
Friday: Youth Group Set up, Youth Groups
Saturday: Day Off/One-off Events
Sunday: Church, Youth Group
Ready to Apply?
If you would like to explore joining SWYM then please fill in an application form, and one of our team will be in touch to discuss the next steps.