Set in the heart of the Quantock Hills, Great Wood is a place of faith and fun, hope and adventure. It is a place where thousands have found faith over the last 75 years and where young people still love to visit, whether with their school or for a Scripture Union camp.
The trainee at Great Wood and Quantock Schools will have excellent opportunities to discern their call into ministry and work in a variety of environments. The role is one that that can grow and develop with the trainee.
The Great Wood and Quantock Schools placement offers a trainee opportunities to:
- work with an experienced youth chaplain and be part of a team at Great Wood - offering schools support in ways of making Jesus known;
- discern your own pathway in youth ministry;
- experience Christian youth ministry outside of church, in schools and outdoor education centres;
- develop new ways of being church with young people and families, for instance through forest church;
- develop the growth of chaplaincy work in new schools and colleges, and;
- lead on one of the Scripture Union summer camps at Great Wood.
Support and Development
The Great Wood Trust is committed to ensuring this placement offers excellent opportunities and support. The Great Wood and Quantock Schools placement offers a trainee the following support and development opportunities:
- support, prayer and fellowship from the local churches and the network of local youth workers and the youth work network of the Diocese of Bath and Wells;
- support and prayer from the Great Wood trustees and wider family, and;
- support to explore and learn about school chaplaincy.
We are hoping and praying for a SWYM trainee who:
- is passionate about working with young people inside and outside of church, including in community schools and secular environments;
- wants to learn and and try new things as they grow in experience and faith;
- is flexible and open to new ways of being church;
- enjoys being part of a team and is also able to work independently;
- is able to build relationships with a variety of people, younger and older, and;
- is good at communicating what they do in a range of media and contexts.
Given the variety of locations the SWYM trainee will need to have a driving licence and a car.
To be agreed
Ready to Apply?
If you would like to explore joining SWYM then please fill in an application form, and one of our team will be in touch to discuss the next steps.