Do you have a desire to share the good news of Jesus Christ with children and their families? We are looking for someone to come and partner with our three churches to reach out to the families, children and young people of Illogan, Portreath and Pool with the life-changing message about Jesus.
Before the pandemic, we had a wide range of activities going on in the parish, some of which were begun by previous SWYM workers. With the easing of restrictions, there will be many opportunities to restart and develop existing ministries (Sunday School, Messy Church, work with locals schools) as well as pioneer new initiatives to minister to the families, children and young people in our communities.
We have many enthusiastic teams and volunteers, and you will be well supported in your role. Accommodation will be provided in the parish.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a deep and joyful relationship with God through Jesus Christ, and a lively faith.
- Longs to introduce others to Jesus, especially children and young people.
- Is relational, creative, self-motivated and happy to take the initiative on projects.
- Is able to work well as part of a team.
- Can develop existing projects as well as start new initiatives.
- Having access to your own transport (e.g. car) would be helpful.
Accommodation is provided in the parish with a host couple in their home.
The following is illustrative and open to change:
- Monday - Supervision and other meetings
- Tuesday - Study and after school club
- Wednesday - Day Off
- Thursday - Prep Day
- Friday - Parent and toddlers; schools work including after schools club
- Saturday - Day Off, except one Saturday afternoon a month for Messy Church
- Sunday - Sunday School, Teatime Family Service, Youth Group