We are looking for someone who can work with our existing team of volunteers to develop and grow our exisiting Youth and Children's work. Our strap line is "Be family, make disciples, serve others" and we want this to undergird all aspects of life at All Saints.
We have a willing group of volunteers who work with our children and young people in a variety of activities including school assemblies and RE but we want to develop what we do and see our young people grow in their walk with Jesus.
One of the challenges that we face with our young people is nurturing their faith, keeping them interested and valued and bringing them and their friends into a living relationship with Jesus.
This is an open-ended job, initially for one year begininng in September but open to extension if both parties feel that this is where God is leading.
If you come to join us we would like you to:
- Work with our current group of 12+ young people aged 11-17. Some of these young people have grown up in the church and others have had little Christian input. To encourage them in the Christian faith, to teach them and engage them in conversations that will enable and equip them to be effective Christians in a secular world.
- Draw alongside some of the young people so that they begin to use their gifts across the family of All Saints and the in the wider community.
- Become part of the team going into our local schools to do weekly assemblies (we regularly go into three primary schools two of which are church schools)
- Together with others set up and run one or more school clubs either after school or during lunch times.
- Work with others to address some of the RE needs in the local church schools; building relationships with the staff responsible for RE and Collective Worship.
- Build relationships with parents, carers and child minders who bring their children and young people to events at All Saints.
- Help lead children's (J-Club) and youth (Ignite) groups on a Sunday morning during the 10.30am service as needed.
- Attend and sometimes lead our bi-monthly Children's Service (Sunday 9.30am).
- Attend and help the team at our weekly Millicent Minis baby and toddler group.
- Help with some of our infant baptisms. This may involve visitng families, welcoming families to church and building bridges into church.
- Helping with our regular "Children's Fun Days" which happen 3 times a year (Christmas, Easter and Summer). This will include planning, publicity and any follow up.
- Be part of the team planning, setting up and hosting events such as "Thy Kingdom Come" prayer event, Experience Easter, Nativity Activity Weekend.
- Become an active member of All Saints; attending congregational events such as our "Staycation", "Everyone Together Sunday", church BBQ as well as prayer meetings when possible.
- A Christian actively seeking to grow spiritually in their personal life of Bible study and prayer
- Hold an orthodox view of the Bible - 2 Timothy 3:16
- Passionate to see young people come to faith and eager to disciple them in their walk with the Lord
- Able to talk with young people and listen to them
- Open to the practices of the Anglican church
- Able to be part of an established team and prepared to work with new teams as the situation requires
- Can work on their own and manage their time well
- Able to work across the ages of 5-18
- Willing to learn and share their own insights and experience
- Able to work within Diocesan and Parish Child Protection Policies
- Have some means of transport to travel around the parish (this might be by car or by bicycle – public transport is inadequate)
- Willing to become part of the wider activities of the church
- Computer literate and familiar with social media
- Interest and / or skills in music, sport or drama
- Able to form a team (together with others) if required
Monday: Cluster, Study
Tuesday: Possible School Club, Preparation
Wednesday: School Assemblies, Possible School Club, Time with line manager, Possible Youth Bible study
Thursday: School Assemblies, Millicent Minis
Friday: Preparation, Informal time with young people, Half termly prayer meeting for children and youth
Saturday: Day Off
Sunday: Children's groups and services, Youth Group
Ready to Apply?
If you would like to explore joining SWYM then please fill in an application form, and one of our team will be in touch to discuss the next steps.