- Purpose of the job
- To train through the delivery of youth work in the Peasedown community, through the Hive and associated churches with the overall vision, ethos, mission and strategy of Bath Youth for Christ.
- Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in developing a weekly open style youth club twice a week in the Hive, for local young people aged 11-19.
- To make contact with young people who are not part of any organised youth work or church, through detached outreach.
- To bring transformation in young people's lives in line with Kingdom values.
- Explore the Christian faith with young people.
- Provide pastoral support for young people
- Be a part of the team in creating a program of activities that nurtures young people to grow.
- To support & develop activities for young people in a church setting.
- Assist in the delivery of larger one off events and residentials.
- There is the possibility of joining the YFC team on a youth trip to Moldova in July 2021
- Provide mentoring support for young people
- Support Peasedown Primary and Accompany Y6's transitioning into secondary school
- Assist with creating a space for 10-12s to meet in the Hive
- Explore the possibility of a Christian space in local secondary school.
- Take care of own spirituality & relationship with God through discipline, worship, fellowship, and otherwise leading a life that demonstrates Godly character
- Integrating yourself and the young people into the whole life of the church through participation, service, and using their gifts, raising the next generation of leaders.
- Become part of the rhythm of prayer for the youth work.
- To follow the leading of the Holy Spirit, especially for those things not yet seen!
- Consult with young people in the process of developing activities which aim to meet their needs.
Management and communication:
- Maintain clear communication with your line manager.
- Keep supporters and stakeholders informed about the youth and schools work through presentations, articles, and social media
Policy, Practice, Administration and Finance
- Carry out all duties in line with Bath Youth for Christ and policies
- Gain experience in having responsibility for all necessary administration tasks in order to appropriately plan, communicate, advertise and safeguard all our activities, ensuring quality of care.
Training and support
- Attend fortnightly Bath Youth for Christ staff meetings
- Opportunity to join us on YFC National conference and other training if desired
- We are not at all expecting anyone to be perfect but to be teachable and willing to learn
- Demonstrate a consistent personal devotional life
- Willingness to step out in faith, following the lead of the Holy Spirit.
- Passionate about sharing the Gospel & discipling young people
- Hard working, flexible, servant-hearted & trustworthy
- Resilient & secure
- Can relate & build rapport, especially with young people.
- Comfortable in an evangelistic setting
- Some skill (doesn't need to be an expert) in the area of art, sport, skate or music (as we have the facilities to utilise these).
- Understanding of current technology & social media
- Good listening skills
- Confident communicator
Mondays: Cluster, After school 'Tweens' Club, team prayer tea & Evening Open access youth club
Tuesdays: Admin, YFC team mtg & after school discipleship group
Wednesdays: Schools work, After school sports club, & Evening Open access youth club
Thursdays: Methodist Youth Group in the evening
3 Fridays a year - Movement Worship Nights
Sundays: Church & Youth Group. St Josephs (9am), Methodist (10:30am), St Johns (10:30am or informal, inc children at 4pm)
This is the Senior Youth Worker's timetable. It is not expected that a trainee would have to be at everything on the timetable. There would be a conversation about what parts of the ministry the trainee would like to prioritise, including pioneering new things on different days if they desired. Occasional one-off events and residentials should be expected. It is envisaged that the trainee will become a member of one of the churches, whichever they prefer but will occasionally attend the other two with the Senior Youth Worker for Hive purposes.
In return we will provide an environment that is supportive of your studies & training and nurtures your calling. Bath YFC will be a fantastic caring team to be a part of.
Ready to Apply?
If you would like to explore joining SWYM then please fill in an application form, and one of our team will be in touch to discuss the next steps.