- Be a committed worshipper within the parish.
- Love and disciple children , young people and families, building good relationships with them on their personal faith journeys towards "Knowing Jesus , Sharing Jesus".
- Take personal responsibility for the provision of work with 11+ age group
- Plan and lead the mid week youth activities, including the Youth ReFresh group, Bible study, book club and occasional Alpha or similar courses, using both face to face or online activities.
- Encourage the young people to discover their spiritual gifts and find an opportunity to exercise them within the church and wider community.
- To further develop relationships with the local secondary school, nurturing good church links with students and staff.
- To have close involvement with TLG (Transforming Lives for Good) and Exeter ICE Trust in the school, especially with pupil mentoring.
- To be involved with the strategic planning and practice of church ministry and outreach and ensure young people are always on the agenda.
- To meet, plan and pray with the church family and staff team.
- To explore outreach opportunities with the new housing development on the edge of the village.
- to develop and inspire our team of volunteers in helping out with youth work.
- To assist in planning and leading worship with our young people, including the occasional "Pop-Up" event.
- To make appropriate connections with other churches and organisations in the area.e Unlimited Church , Guides, Scouts etc.
- a firm and active Christian faith
- a vocational calling to lead and work with young people in a faith setting.
- Good organisational and administration skills.
- Competent IT user; willing to use social media and use IT to deliver services and youth work.
- Understands the importance of monitoring and evaluating in youth work settings
- Excellent communication skills and quick to establish positive relationships with young people.
- Ability to encourage and enable young people on their spiritual journey.
- Energetic, enthusiastic with a good sense of humour.
- A team player who enjoys a challenge and is prepared to be "hands on".
- ability to work reliably within safeguarding and confidentiality guidelines.
- Recent safeguarding training
- ability to drive
- Experience of mentoring, coaching or supporting pastorally
- Has worked in a school setting
Monday - Cluster and DropZone cafe
Tuesday - Planning. Youth Alpha/ Bible Study
Wednesday - Planning, preparation
Thursday - Schools work
Friday - Chatterbox, Youth Club
Saturday - Day Off
Sunday - Services and related worship activities
Ready to Apply?
If you would like to explore joining SWYM then please fill in an application form, and one of our team will be in touch to discuss the next steps.