We are looking to host and support a Children's and Families worker in training. We can offer a wide ranging programme, working alongside existing members of the Ministry Team in a variety of contexts.
In Church the role would require co-ordinating and leading the children's work on a Sunday morning, leading and co-ordinating the Sunday evening group for older teenagers, and then on Thursdays supporting the volunteer team on a KS2 evening.
In School we have close links with the local Church and Community Primary Schools, and are rebuilding links with the local Community School (Secondary).
We are also running Messy Church and Jumping Beans toddler groups as part of our outreach to the new housing being built in the Parish.
- a strong and resilient Christian faith
- a passion to disciple children and young people
- ability to work as part of a wider team
- ability to undertake routine administrative tasks
- a willingness to learn and share that learning
- experience of behaviour management
- a full driving licence
- experience of working in a School environment
- experience of encouraging, developing and training volunteers
- a thorough understanding of safeguarding policies and practices
Ready to Apply?
If you would like to explore joining SWYM then please fill in an application form, and one of our team will be in touch to discuss the next steps.