- Support the Senior Youth Pastor in leading the Youth Ministry at Trinity Cheltenham.
- Play a key leadership role in developing and pioneering new initiatives that seek to communicate and demonstrate to Gospel to young people.
- Support the delivery of pastoral care for all 11-18s who are part of the Youth Ministry of Trinity Cheltenham.
Support the Senior Youth Pastor in leading the Youth Ministry at Trinity
- Support in implementing the vision for the Youth Ministry at Trinity Cheltenham as defined by the Senior Youth Pastor.
- Support in the planning and implementation of all termly and yearly ministry activities.
- Contribute to the youth ministry so that it is deeply rooted in biblical teaching, passionate and intimate in worship, ministers in the power of the Holy Spirit and build the community of young people at Trinity Cheltenham.
- Be a leadership example to the Youth and the team of volunteers
Play a key leadership role in developing and pioneering new initiatives that seek to communicate and demonstrate to Gospel to young people.
- To participate in maintaining relationships with Schools, helping to create opportunities to help them promote the development of Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural development within their pupils.
- To research and implement new initiatives that seek to creatively communicate and demonstrate the Gospel to young people.
- To assist the Senior Youth Pastor in delivering training and development to volunteers who seek to participate in our efforts to communicate and demonstrate the Gospel.
Support the delivery of pastoral care for all 11-18s who are a part of the Youth Ministry of Trinity Cheltenham.
- Help deliver the pastoral framework in place to support young people at Trinity Cheltenham so they grow to be all that God has called them to be.
- To build positive, supportive relationships with young people which help raise their confidence and grow as individuals.
- Be a leader that models life with God’s Kingdom in mind and where appropriate to live counter culturally.
- Contribute towards pastoral care and safeguarding of young people.
- Contribute towards the pastoral care of parents/legal guardians of young people who a part of the Youth Ministry at Trinity Cheltenham.
- Help to create a community of young people that love and support each other.
Other Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist the Senior Youth Pastor in the planning and preparation of all youth Celebrations and gatherings.
- Provide administrative support to the Youth Ministry
- Support in planning and preparation for weekends away, socials and Soul Survivor trips.
- Help lead the team of volunteers at all events and gatherings.
- Oversee the implementation of Safeguarding Policies and Procedures (i.e. DBS applications, parental consent forms etc), in partnership with Safeguarding Lead and Teams Administrator.
Trinity Staff Contribution
- Pray, listen to the Holy Spirit, follow the Lord’s voice in building His Kingdom and be accountable.
- To participate in and regularly attend staff meetings, Sunday celebrations, Prayer meetings and other events within the life of the Church such as Life Groups.
- To attend weekly staff prayers on a Thursday morning.
- To lead by example, in line with Trinity’s vision and values.
- Undertake any other duties, as required, that further the overall objectives of the post and ministry of Trinity.
- Experience working with young people
- Understanding of the issues that affect the lives of young people
- Committed, passionate and prayerful, worshipping lover of Jesus
- Intentional about reading the Bible and has a desire to see the Holy Spirit work and overflow in the life of the Church
- Proven experience in working with volunteers
- Experience in pastorally working with young people
- Experience working with schools
- Strong understanding of the bible and gifted in teaching
- A good understanding of the nature of the Evangelical Charismatic Church and its mission to advance the Kingdom of God
A week in the life of a trainee youth worker here at Trinity Cheltenham might look a little like the following:
Monday - Cluster Day, Study
Tuesday - Schools Work, Mentoring, Study
Wednesday - Study, Leading Younger Youth Small Group
Thursday - Staff Prayers, Line Manager Meeting, Admin Prep, Mentoring
Friday - Youth Alpha, Friday Night 'Youth Church'
Saturday - Day Off
Sunday - Leading Younger Youth Session in the morning, Helping engage Older Youth in the evening service.
Ready to Apply?
If you would like to explore joining SWYM then please fill in an application form, and one of our team will be in touch to discuss the next steps.