This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing team at Holy Trinity Church in St Austell, Cornwall. We are seeking an individual with a desire to encourage and shape young adult communities across Cornwall. This role will suit someone who wants to gain experience in working primarily with those aged between 18-30 to share the gospel through indigenous missional communities. Working in association with Transforming Mission, Grain Community has been formed to enable young adults and churches to discover their God-given passions and use these as vehicles for mission. To find out more about the heart of Grain Community, check out our website at www.graincommunity.co.uk. At present, we run a gathering for young adults in St Austell which sees around 10 of us gathering regularly to worship God and grow in our discipleship to Jesus.
The role would involve helping to shape our social media platforms, YouTube channel and video content as well as helping to run events that seek to befriend people who don’t yet know Christ. Alongside this we are refurbishing an old pub right in the heart of St Austell to become a communal hub. A brand-new contemporary coffee shop, conferencing rooms, filming studio and a loft space for worship sessions are just some of the things we have planned. Once the centre opens, we will be looking to form a regular Young Adult Games Night and set up a Young Adult Book Club. It’s an incredibly exciting time to join us here at St Austell Parish, as we continue to live out our mission statement “seeking God’s heart and sharing what we find.”
We welcome applicants for this role who have a desire to share the gospel through authentically living out the ways of Jesus, forming communities that have a desire to grow together and using their God-given passions to reach out to others.
- A passion to follow the ways of Christ and share this with others
- A heart for building authentic community focused groups
- A desire to reach out to young adults (18-30s) for the sake of the gospel
- A willingness to be adaptable to the needs of this growing ministry
- Media experience (Video editing, filming, photography and social media)
- Worship leading experience
- Leading and speaking (The role will involve producing regular video content for our YouTube channel and leading small groups/gatherings)
- Experience engaging with colleges (This is something we are keen to explore with local colleges and further education groups in the St Austell area)
- Pioneering experience (A background in finding new ways to engage in mission)
Ready to Apply?
If you would like to explore joining SWYM then please fill in an application form, and one of our team will be in touch to discuss the next steps.