Discover Your Calling
Make a difference that lasts a lifetime.
During the pandemic we have continued training and supporting our trainees at all times. We have remained committed to face to face teaching as much as possible and so have taken a blended approach with some face to face alongside virtual when we have had no choice but to do so. As restrictions ease we will go back to full face to face teaching as we recognise the importance in SWYM of learning in community and the holistic approach of our training alongside pastoral support.
This generation desperately needs leaders who are passionate about Jesus and live out their faith in a genuine, contagious way. Central to our training is the aim to provide a setting where you can grow in your relationship with God and in your character.
A varying level of certification and course duration give the flexibility to engage at the right level for you and opens doors to new levels beyond each course. All of the courses will give you a formal qualification for your ministry, from more vocational qualifications up to degree level.
- Many applicants see Be Transformed as a gap year to explore if God is calling them to longer-term ministry.
- Around 65% then stay on with either The Academy or the BA (Hons) Applied Theology.
- Those looking to continue training with SWYM may complete The Academy, a one-year vocational course.
- Trainees may then go straight into employment or stay with SWYM for the degree.
BA Applied Theology
- Trainees completing Be Transformed or The Academy may stay for a further three years for the degree programme, run by Moorlands College in partnership with SWYM and validated by the University of Gloucestershire.