- To take the lead in overseeing the development and delivering of children’s work at Resound (ages 0-11).
- To help develop an appropriate strategy for discipleship of children and to work with a team to deliver this.
- To nurture, encourage and be a role model to the children and parents of the church.
- To reflect Jesus to the children in the local area via schools work and various groups such as Funday Sunday and parent/toddlers groups.
- To be the lead worker, with responsibility for the development and coordination of work with the children currently connected to Resound, alongside a team of volunteers.
- To ensure the children within church receive pastoral and spiritual support.
- To work alongside the youth work team in the discipleship of those transitioning from primary to secondary age.
- To have close links with the Resound Family Resources Team to support parents of children in the local community.
- To meet with other local Church children’s workers for prayer, planning and discussion.
- To find ways of engaging with and serving our local schools.
- Be a worshipping, spirit filled Christian,
- Be committed to team based working and able to lead and inspire volunteers
- Be hardworking, self motivated, well organised, flexible, reliable and able to self manage.
- Experience of work with children and families
- Good communication skills
Monday – Cluster
Tuesday – Study
Wednesday – Flood Home Group (8-12yrs)
Thursday – Toddlers
Friday – Study
Saturday – OFF
Sunday – Funday Sunday (1x a month) / Children’s Church
We recognise that this is a sparse schedule currently, and this is not because there isn't lots to do, rather because we want to be flexible with what a weekly schedule would look in order that it can be tailored to the particular areas a trainee wants to get involved with.
We want this placement to be an opportunity for you to grow in your gifts and discover more of what you feel God is calling you to. Therefore, we want to provide the opportunity for you to invest in what ever area of ministry you'd like, both within and outside of children and families work- whether it's youth work, worship, speaking, foodbank or anything else.
Ready to Apply?
If you would like to explore joining SWYM then please fill in an application form, and one of our team will be in touch to discuss the next steps.