Trainee Terms & Conditions
South West Youth Ministries (“SWYM”) works with churches and Christian organisations (“Ministry Partner”) to provide training placements for students who are part of SWYM. These terms and conditions, together with the Student Handbook and Fee Sheet set out the contract between SWYM and the student.
- Attend the induction program at the start of the Course.
- Attend all residential conferences for each year of the Course.
- Complete the coursework and assignments set by the course tutors by the date agreed.
- Undertake a placement of practical work experience and comply with all your obligations to the Ministry Partner under the Student-Placement Agreement.
- Pay the appropriate Student Fees.
- Comply with the expectations laid out in the Student Handbook.
- To have an Enhanced Workers DBS and valid subscription to the DBS Updating Service.
Failure to meet these obligations may lead to disciplinary procedures outlined in the SWYM student handbook and may result in the student’s course enrolment and placement being terminated.
- SWYM will work with Moorlands College who will provide the Student with training.
- SWYM will provide an Area Coordinator as your first point of contact, and as someone who will support both you and your placement.